2020 Wootton High School Summer Institute Program
IMPORTANT: All of Wootton’s Summer Institute courses will be run ONLINE this year. Wootton’s Summer Institute will now run from July 13 to August 14, 2020. All non-credit (enrichment) courses will now be offered FREE OF CHARGE, and all credit courses will be offered at $150 (half of the usual tuition). Registration will remain open until June 30.
- All CREDIT courses will run from July 13 to August 14. Each .5 credit course will run as one 5-week session. (Exception: Honors Geometry A and B will run successively within the 5-week window.)
- All NON-CREDIT courses that were originally scheduled between July 13 and August 14 will run as scheduled.
- NON-CREDIT courses that were scheduled prior to July 13 will be rescheduled for later in the summer. Please stay tuned for the new dates. If the new dates do not work for you, you will be permitted to select a different session.
- If you have already registered, your child’s enrollment will automatically be rolled over to the new dates. If you wish to opt out, please contact Jennifer Hicks (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Julia Walsh (email@example.com) no later than Monday, June 22 to request a refund.
- All payments for non-credit courses have been refunded. You should see your payment returned to your account very soon.
- Partial refunds ($150) for credit courses will be refunded. You should see $150 returned to your account soon.
- If you are in need of a reduced fee, please contact Jennifer Hicks so that we may provide you with the fee waiver request form.
- We will be adding Math Boost and ELA Boost classes for students. These will be free of charge and will offer core instruction in key skills in both math and literacy. Another communication will be sent with details on these courses.
- REFUND POLICY: Full refund if class is cancelled by WHS. No refunds will be issued after July 2. If you need to request a refund, please contact Julia Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org. One day of attendance makes a student ineligible for a refund.
At this time, we are only able to accept tuition payments via our online payment system. Checks cannot currently be accepted as we do not the ability to process them. If you have questions or concerns about utilizing the online payment system, please contact Julia Walsh.
If you have questions, please contact the appropriate person listed below.
Course Offerings, Schedule, Administrative Concerns: Christy Rice (Christina_M_Rice@mcpsmd.org) OR Jaclynn Lightsey (Jaclynn_M_Lightsey@mcpsmd.org)
Registration: Jennifer Hicks (Jennifer_Hicks@mcpsmd.org)
Payment: Julia Walsh (Julia_G_Walsh@mcpsmd.org)